:: [devuan-dev] reportbug sending to D…
Author: Mark Hindley
To: Devuan Bug Tracking System
CC: devuan-dev
Subject: [devuan-dev] reportbug sending to Debian BTS by default
Package: reportbug
Version: 7.5.3+devuan1
Severity: grave
Tags: beowulf

Hello,

Unless specifically configured or requested on the command line, reportbug
currently uses the output of lsb_release to determine which BTS to send reports
to. With our revert to using Debian's version of lsb_release, bugs reports in
beowulf are currently sent to Debian's BTS by default.

For beowulf, I propose to fix this by patching our reportbug. However, there is
already a mechanism available that we could gradually adopt which will mean bugs
are automatically sent to the correct BTS (Devuan or Debian) depending on the
origin of the package. This should make for better targeting and quality of bug
reports.

To implement this, we need to insert

Origin: Devuan

or alternatively

Bugs: debbugs://bugs.devuan.org/

in debian/control of all of our packages as they are being updated. That will
direct bugs relating to our packages to our BTS. Other packages from Debian will
go to Debian's BTS, defaulting to the output of lsb_release.

Mark

-- Package-specific info:

-- System Information:
Distributor ID:    Debian
Release:    3
Codename:    beowulf
Architecture: x86_64

Kernel: Linux 4.19.0-6-amd64 (SMP w/1 CPU core)
Locale: LANG=en_GB.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=en_GB.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8), LANGUAGE=en_GB:en (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash
Init: sysvinit (via /sbin/init)
LSM: AppArmor: enabled

Versions of packages reportbug depends on:
ii  apt                1.8.2
ii  python3            3.7.3-1
ii  python3-reportbug  7.5.3+devuan1
ii  sensible-utils     0.0.12

reportbug recommends no packages.

Versions of packages reportbug suggests:
pn  claws-mail                              <none>
pn  debconf-utils                           <none>
ii  debsums                                 2.2.3
pn  dlocate                                 <none>
pn  emacs-bin-common                        <none>
ii  file                                    1:5.35-4+deb10u1
ii  gnupg                                   2.2.12-1+deb10u1
pn  postfix | exim4 | mail-transport-agent  <none>
pn  python3-urwid                           <none>
ii  reportbug-gtk                           7.5.3+devuan1
ii  xdg-utils                               1.1.3-1

Versions of packages python3-reportbug depends on:
ii  apt                1.8.2
ii  file               1:5.35-4+deb10u1
ii  python3            3.7.3-1
ii  python3-apt        1.8.4.1