:: [devuan-dev] Notes - Devuan meet Ja…
Author: Plasma
To: devuan-dev
Subject: [devuan-dev] Notes - Devuan meet Jan. 02, 2020
And now for your kind attention, the devuan-dev meet notes for
Thursday, January 2nd, 2020.

plasma41

# Devuan meet Jan. 02, 2020 @20:30 UTC

Pad is here:
https://pad.dyne.org/code/#/2/code/edit/LkGwC4w1NDIxTPv3v1hIo2zA/

Meet here: https://vdc.dyne.org/devuan
   * Please post notes prior to the meet.
   * Please add your name as 'Present' below when you get to the
     meet.
   * When adding a comment in someone else's notes, please
     pre-pend your name like this: (whoever) whatever . . .

Present: rrq, plasma, fsr, golinux, Beer

## Old Business

## Old Actions

### Beer
- Continued reworking the Nginx Inc's nginx Ansible role, which finally
allowed me to generate a decent-looking nginx configuration looking
like the popcon one

## New Business
- Will backports be archived? rrq and LeePen will work out
- Report bug not sending confirmation?
https://lists.dyne.org/lurker/message/20191230.152050.090dd798.en.html
- Also popcon issue reported by plasma

- **WE MISSED DISCUSSING THIS AT THE MEET.
  Can someone please volunteer to do this?**
  - Can someone please go through open bugs at bugs.devuan.org and make
    a list of those that must be fixed before beowulf release.

- Is openrc now on the netinst iso for an air-gapped install? Yes

- (anonymous coward) jaromil blogged that Devuan is dead if the Debian
  GR goes south. Is there an official statement of devuan about its
  future?
  - (fsr) Jaromil responded to the request to "Please stay with Debian":
    'This is certainly Devuan's path. We will stick to the plan: this is
    our promise and its proven to bring power and stability to all.

    No surprises ahead.'
    https://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?pid=19250#p19250

### onefang
- "I think we could draw a line and let some mirrors go" I was gonna
raise this at the meeting, but jaromil raised that point on the
devuan-dev mailing list (I'm quoting him), and I replied with my
plans. In a nutshell, my apt-panopticon mirror monitoring script is
still under development, though I think it's close to an alpha
release. I do plan on using it to inform mirror decision's, but it's
not ready yet.
- Meh, I'm fading, I wont make it. We can talk about this on the
mailing list.

- (rrq) follow up about where/how "deb.roundr.devuan.org" is resolved.

### plasma41

Follow filenaming convention established on
<https://devuan.org/os/filenaming> when releasing new and updated isos
and images.

Version X.Y.Z should correspond to
X means= Major version of Devuan
Y means= New ISOs with updated packages within the same major version
Z means= Oops, we screwed up our brand new X.Y images. Use this quick
         fix version.

## New Actions

### Beer
- Still need to work on a basic role for PostgreSQL (ie merely moving
  around/dropping configuration files, w/o templating or at best with
  minimal one) in order to showcase the Ansible technology (and
  configuration management paradigm) w/ a multi-feature playbook
- Still need to involve Devuan's community by writing to devuan-dev ML
  about the configuration management paradigm and raise the question of
  its adoption, and the adoption of Ansible as its implementation
  - (gl) Looking forward to seeing that.
  - (plasma41) Maybe we should use 'guix deploy' instead :-P. I'm only
    half joking.
  - (gl) What about debops? Evilham mentioned it.

### rrq
- investigate the cd changing function(s) of the installer

### LeePen

#### beowulf-backports

- Is created and populated (debootstrap) in dak. It need enabling in
amprolla. Evilham, can you do that? parazyd?
- (fsr) I see it only in /devuan not in /merged
- archive jessie backports?

#### chimaera

- (LP) Will create suite in dak this week.

#### Backup system

- (LP) Plan to start investigating this and documenting this week.