:: Re: [DNG] Fonts trouble on beowulf
Author: Rowland penny
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Fonts trouble on beowulf
On 08/01/2020 16:25, golinux@??? wrote:
> On 2020-01-08 10:14, Rowland penny via Dng wrote:
>> On 08/01/2020 16:02, golinux@??? wrote:
>>> phenix is the correct spelling and has been since jessie.  ;)  The
>>> French do it differently. :D
>>
>> No, the Americans cannot spell correctly, it is Pheonix in English ;-)
>>
>> Rowland
>>

> Even DDG isn't buying that one. When I search for Pheonix I am gently
> asked whether I really want to search on that non-standard word:
>
> Including results for phoenix.
> Search only for "Pheonix"?
>
> urbandictionary.com has a definition though.  LOL!
>
> golinux

This is what you get from upgrading to Beowulf and Thunderbird gets sets
to the American version of English LOL

Yes it is 'Phoenix', I just missed the transposition of the 'e' and 'o'
because I knew that they were both in there, even if the spellchecker
(American) was saying it was spelt wrong. I have now fixed the
Thunderbird spell checker, it is now using 'English (United Kingdom)'

Rowland