:: Re: [DNG] why is dist-upgrade tryin…
Author: Gregory Nowak
To: Dimitris
CC: dng, mark
Subject: Re: [DNG] why is dist-upgrade trying to remove mate
On Fri, Jan 03, 2020 at 11:57:02AM +0200, Dimitris via Dng wrote:
> had the same issue with mate.
> iirc, consolekit is to blame. remove all related consolekit packages
> first, and they'll be replaced by elogind ones. (if they don't, install
> them by hand).
> then dist-upgrade normally.

Thanks Mark and Dimitris. Purging consolekit and related packages
brought in some other policykit/elogind packages, and all is well now. It's
very possible that a new version of policykit had something to do with
forcing consolekit out, though wanting to remove all of mate didn't
make that obvious.

Greg

--
web site: http://www.gregn.net