:: Re: [DNG] Fonts trouble on beowulf
Author: golinux
To: Devuan ML
Subject: Re: [DNG] Fonts trouble on beowulf
On 2020-01-03 16:18, Bernard Rosset via Dng wrote:
> Having a setup running beowulf with an Xfce Desktop, and whatever
> theme I choose, I get white links on clear backgrounds.
>
> In applications that support it (like evolution), if I drift away from
> system fonts and switch back to them, the links are black (and
> readable!) again.
>
> This oddity also appear in another way when text is highlighted, which
> make it unreadable too.
>
> I remember having such fonts problem when ascii came out, but I do not
> recall the fix. I remember some themes were eventually corrected
> though.
>
> Any hints?
> Bernard Rosset
> https://rosset.net/

The default theme for xfce beowulf is clearlooks-phoenix-cinnabar and it
works perfectly. If you install desktop-base you should get all the
necessary parts but you might have to choose that theme also in the
window manager settings. You are on your own with any other themes. If
you want to fix another theme, I suggest the xfce forum. They were very
helpful to solve issues with CPC that were broken going from ascii to
beowulf.

golinux