:: Re: [DNG] Migrating from debian str…
Author: Mark Hindley
To: Alessandro Vesely
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Migrating from debian stretch/ openbox
On Fri, Jan 03, 2020 at 01:27:56PM +0100, Alessandro Vesely via Dng wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> After the latest GR, it seems to be time to migrate. Is ASCII the right planet
> to go? I found migrate-to-ascii[*] but no equivalent guide for beowulf.

Ascii is stable and derived from stretch. Beowulf is nearly ready. I do have
some draft instructions for migrating from buster to beowulf that work for me
and you are welcome to try that, if you wish. Although, you might be safer to go
stretch -> ascii -> beowulf.

> Furthermore, neither that guide[*] nor the os/ page[†] mention openbox. I have
> a minimal openbox installation, but it works for me. Should I really change it
> in order to migrate?

I have openbox installed in a beowulf vm alongside xfce and it works fine. So
you should be able to stick with it.

Mark