:: [DNG] ..what version firefox-esr do…
Author: Arnt Karlsen
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] ..what version firefox-esr do we get on upgrading to Beowulf?, was: We need upgrade reports
On Tue, 31 Dec 2019 14:58:10 -0500, fsmithred wrote in message
<bb9b10d2-91fe-67d5-86d7-45f3fccfbb90@???>:

> Please upgrade your highly customized and configured ascii production
> system to beowulf and tell us if it works. Okay, DO THIS ON A COPY,
> not the real thing.
>
> I've upgraded standard no-X systems, xfce and mate desktops, and
> those went smoothly. We need more data points.

..what version firefox-esr do we get on upgrading to Beowulf?
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=944706 is weird,
2 or 3 bugs

..#944706 also reports a "/und" typo in Debian's firefox-esr help
message url: ...
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/und/firefox/68.2.0/releasenotes/?utm_campaign=whatsnew&utm_medium=firefox-browser&utm_source=firefox-browser

...but these 3 are found ok if you care to look newbie Groklaw-style:
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/68.2.0/releasenotes/?utm_campaign=whatsnew&utm_medium=firefox-browser&utm_source=firefox-browser
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/68.3.0/releasenotes/?utm_campaign=whatsnew&utm_medium=firefox-browser&utm_source=firefox-browser
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/68.4.0/releasenotes/?utm_campaign=whatsnew&utm_medium=firefox-browser&utm_source=firefox-browser

..and the headliner bug crash only happens when you launch it from the
launch menu, and not from the cli, which is suggested as a work-around.

..testing an ascii 2.1 box:
Retrieving bug reports... Done
Parsing Found/Fixed information... Done
grave bugs of firefox-esr (68.2.0esr-1~deb9u2 → 68.3.0esr-1~deb9u1)
<Forwarded> b1 - #944706 - firefox-esr: Tab crashes immediately after
start up and Firefox ESR was unusable. Summary:
firefox-esr(1 bug)
Are you sure you want to install/upgrade the above packages? [Y/n/?/...]

Scenarios always come in sets of three: