:: Re: [DNG] Can we fix this DMARC thi…
Author: Rick Moen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Can we fix this DMARC thing?
[Redirecting back onto the mailing list for a moment, from Adrian's
sudden digression into private mail.]

Quoting Adrian Zaugg (adi@???):

> I think this DKIM issue or non-issue is just noise for others.

Concur.

But: I participate on public mailing lists in order to have
a public discussion for public benefit.[1]

There's nothing wrong with someone inviting another public-discussion
participant into private e-mail side-discussion (as you just did, except
without explanation), but I would suggest accounting for the reason for
private-mail diversion (when you do that), and asking rather than just
implicitly expecting participation, in what is a fundamentally different
thing, one for private rather than public benefit.

As to your private-mail inquiry: I think my meaning in saying 'Nope' on
the public thread will be obvious, if you think about the larger
discussion context. Hint: Whether or not vm6.ganeti.dyne.org is able
to check DKIM signatures is actually irrelevant to the matter that was
being discussed (i.e., what is 'wrong').

I didn't think that point justified any comment longer than 'Nope'.

[1] And there's a word for wanting answers in private: consulting. ;->