Til: devuan-dev
Emne: [devuan-dev] Archiving backports
Hi all,

I've been doing some housekeeping on old emails and found this:

https://lists.dyne.org/lurker/message/20190325.103150.55bde3ae.en.html

Author: KatolaZ
Date: 2019-03-25 05:31 -500
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] about jessie-backports
Dear D1rs,

as part of Jessie being ready to become oldoldstable in Debian, all
the jessie suites apart from "jessie" itself have been moved to
archive.debian.org. As a result, you will notice that jessie-backports
will be empty in Devuan as well.

We are working on a solution to that. The most probable one is to put
in place something like archive.debian.org for devuan, and advise the
users to use that repo for backports instead. Please follow:

https://bugs.devuan.org/310

for updates. You will notice that also jessie-updates is empty, but it
had been like that since when jessie became oldstable, since at that
point anything that is still in *-updates gets merged into the stable
suite.

Thanks for your patience

KatolaZ

We did talk about archiving older releases of ascii with the point
release but I don't remember that a solution was ever decided or
implemented for backports. With Beowulf on the horizon is archiving
backports something that we should discuss and decide if or how we would
do it?

golinux