:: [DNG] Can we fix this DMARC thing?
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
New-Topics: [DNG] Again, again: DMARC is a no-win problem for mailing lists (was: Can we fix this DMARC thing?)
Subject: [DNG] Can we fix this DMARC thing?
Seriously, this DMARC thing, or at least the way it's implemented on
DNG, is downright dangerous. I accidentally replied onlist to yet
another, as I was researching this.

Did you know that for some but not all DNG email, "reply to sender"
sends it to the list? That's just plain dangerous and shouldn't happen
in any circumstance. One day somebody's going to say something very
personal in what he/she thinks is a private message, only to have it go
to the entire list.

Let me repeat: "Reply to sender" should never, ever go to the list.
Having it that way is a flame war or worse waiting to happen. Perhaps
my three or four slipups (and I think under the circumstances they
could be forgiven) serve as a warning of what *could* happen if really
sensitive stuff went to the list instead of a person.

I beg whomever is in charge of the DNG mailing list to fix whatever's
wrong with the DMARC implementation. This is a very dangerous situation.

SteveT

Steve Litt
December 2019 featured book: Rapid Learning for the 21st Century
http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21