:: Re: [DNG] :-) Don't get into a piss…
Author: Andrew McGlashan
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] :-) Don't get into a pissing contest with Rick Moen
Hi,

On 19/12/19 10:27 pm, Steve Litt wrote:
> My advice, don't get into a pissing contest with Rick Moen: You'll
> lose. I know, I've lost many times. Rick and I are actually good
> friends, but when we disagree, we get in a pissing contest, and I'm
> always the guy ending up dripping wet.
>
> If he writes sarcastic stuff to you, just let it alone. He won't keep
> pursuing the point. He takes his shot and moves on to other things,
> unless the other guy responds.

I'm sure plenty do that, me included. If you make a valid point and it
gets argued, then argue until it stops or your argument (or theirs) is
falling on death ears ... or you just give up, then move on. Although I
don't expect to win pissing contests (especially with Rick), I tend to
decide that the other opinion /may/ be true or not and simply beg to
differ when there is clear relevance on both sides of the argument,
ending any potential and wasteful continued posts about the matter.

Cheers
A.