:: Re: [DNG] raspberry pi build - miss…
Author: Wojtek Sawaściuk
To: g4sra, dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] raspberry pi build - missing lines in /proc/cpuinfo
On 10.12.2019 14:16, g4sra via Dng wrote:
> On 09/12/2019 21:55, Wojtek Sawaściuk via Dng wrote:
>> Hello fellow Devuaners !
>> Any particular reason why on raspberry PI build, in /proc/cpuinfo there
>> are missing information about "model name" , bigger half of "Features"
>> line, "Hardware" , "Revision" and "Serial".
>> It breaks compliance and create issues.
>> A bug, a regression? or some inheritance?
>
> Whose compliance ? (genuine question, what other systems provide their serial# this way ?)

Well, It was always proving full set of the info about CPU, like here:
(same board, different OS booted)
Newer kernel, what is important - full set of cpu features, and
hardware&revision.

LibreELEC:~ # cat /proc/cpuinfo | tail -13
processor       : 3
model name      : ARMv7 Processor rev 4 (v7l)
BogoMIPS        : 38.00
Features        : half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3 tls vfpv4
idiva idivt vfpd32 lpae evtstrm crc32
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 7
CPU variant     : 0x0
CPU part        : 0xd03
CPU revision    : 4

Hardware        : BCM2835
Revision        : a02082
Serial          : 0000000021b04d8e
LibreELEC:~ # uname -a
Linux LibreELEC 4.19.36 #1 SMP Sat May 4 17:23:44 CEST 2019 armv7l GNU/Linux

complains I had from https://github.com/WiringPi
Library couldn't detect correctly hw.
While I can understand missing info about serial number, maybe hw
revision - moved somewhere else, but missing *part* of CPU features and
model name ??? that's completely incomprehensible.

> Raspberry Pi has moved on to device tree..
> Look under /sys
>
> e.g.
>
> cat /sys/firmware/devicetree/base/model
> cat /sys/firmware/devicetree/base/serial-number
> cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_cur_freq

Good to know, but still I couldnt find a hw revision anywhere there.
(obviously dmidecode is not working as well, rbpi is not providing DMI
information)