:: Re: [DNG] Hidden "Chrome Web Store …
Author: fraser kendall
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Hidden "Chrome Web Store Payments" menu entry...
On Mon, 9 Dec 2019 15:24:05 +0900
Simon Walter <simon@???> wrote:

> ...in at least KDE in Jessie.
>
> /usr/lib/chromium/chromium "--profile-directory=Profile 1"
> --app-id=XXX
>
> I use Chromium for development testing.
> # dpkg --get-selections | grep chromium
> chromium                                        install

> I have never installed Chrome.
>
> I suppose this is from upstream. Does anyone about this? I thought
> maybe other privacy conscious users would like to know. It seems like
> the exact thing that the Chromium package maintainer would remove or
> document.

I am also anxious about the latest build of chromium: I cannot stop
chromium from opening pdf files automatically.
It defaults to opening them in libreoffice draw, and after uninstalling
draw, GIMP. My default pdf reader is xpdf and I can open any pdfs using
either gimp or xpdf from within xfe once they have been downloaded.

The toggle switch in chromiums settings/advanced/content works for the
choice of opening pdf files or downloading them, but opens them
automatically whichever option is selected.

Furthermore, the option to uninstall the extension
(chrome://extensions) chromium pdf reader is permanently 'on' and
greyed out, and I cannot 'find' the folder anywhere in my system that
the extension reports as its ID in order to delete it.

I have not seen this behaviour before.

Many thanks

fraser