:: Re: [devuan-dev] Devuan on WSL?
Author: Evilham
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Devuan on WSL?
Hey,

On ds., des. 07 2019, Alexey Zilber wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Are there plans for Devuan on WSL? Would actually be really
> nice...
>
> https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wsl/install-win10
>
> It seems Debian is supported, so I assume it wouldn't be a whole
> lot of
> effort to be added?

"Not a whole lot of effort" is still non-zero effort :-). Someone
ought to do that if it were of interest.

AFAIK this wouldn't be officially supported because closed
environments and all that.
That's also why there are no official Devuan images on Docker Hub
or Vagrant Cloud.

I guess if you take it upon yourself to do that, mark the thing as
unofficial and publish sources, nobody is stopping you from doing
so.
Take a look for example at Olaf's go at publishing docker images
for Devuan:
https://gitlab.com/paddy-hack/devuan/blob/master/README.md

FTR, this is the relevant documentation:
Microsoft's documentation:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wsl/build-custom-distro
Debian's WSL stuff: https://salsa.debian.org/rhaist-guest/WSL
--