:: Re: [DNG] Conversion script for mai…
Author: Hendrik Boom
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Conversion script for maintainers
On Tue, Dec 03, 2019 at 08:58:10AM +0100, Denis Roio wrote:

> I wholeheartedly agree with all your reasoning, quoted below. I don't
> think that converting automatically at init or at package install is a
> good idea: we need to keep this process under scrutiny by maintainers,
> hoping more people will help Devuan, at least on converting scripts
> for important packages, and make life easier for them.

I agree.
It needs to be under scrutiny by maintainers.
And a maintianer might well prefer to use the upstream init anyway.

Don't Debian source packages have aa pristine copy of upstream
and a set of patches? If that's so, the upstream init scripts
should be available, and we might even be able to have a script
that extracts the upstream init or removes the patch that removes
it.

-- hendrik