:: Re: [devuan-dev] Amprolla fixes (wa…
Author: Mark Hindley
To: Ralph Ronnquist
CC: devuan developers internal list, Evilham
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Amprolla fixes (was Re: Notes - Devuan meet Nov. 21, 2019)
On Sat, Nov 30, 2019 at 09:37:28AM +1100, Ralph Ronnquist wrote:

> Mark Hindley wrote on 30/11/19 5:08 am:
> >On Fri, Nov 29, 2019 at 10:55:18AM +0000, Mark Hindley wrote:
> >Just in case you didn't see my comment on #devuan-infra, I am now less
> >sure this is right. Although packages.d.o is redirected to
> >pkgmaster.d.o, it still has a differnt root in the nginx confiig. It
> >looks as if we do need both amprolla instances. Sorry.
>
> Hmm afaict, "redirect_to_packages.roundr.devuan.org" is the only enabled
> nginx config, and that makes 301 redirects to packages.roundr.devuan.org,
> which
> resolves to the IP of pkgmaster.devuan.org, for all requests. That seems to
> mean, that the repository on packages.d.o is not served publically.

Thanks. But I think HTTP 1.1 allows serving different content on the same IP
based on the Host header?

I have dug some more into this. And I think golinux memory is spot on!

nginx on packages.d.o redirects to packages.roundr.devuan.org

nginx on pkgmirror is serving
pkgmaster with web root /home/vesta/devuan
packages.roundr.devuan.org with web root /home/vesta/packages.devuan.org

Those are fed by the 2 different amprolla instances.

The difference between them is that packages.d.o uses the (old?) 541922FB
signing key and also has jessie backports, updates and proposed-updates suites
enabled. So I imagine we have to continue with that until jessie is retired.

Sorry for causing confusion.

Mark