:: Re: [maemo-leste] Maemo-Leste Diges…
Author: Merlijn Wajer
To: Matteo Bonicolini
CC: maemo-leste
Subject: Re: [maemo-leste] Maemo-Leste Digest, Vol 10, Issue 1
Hi Matteo,

On Wed, 27 Nov 2019, Matteo Bonicolini wrote:

> Yes.
> In my opinion we can make the full application from zero. If the
> library is ok there are no problem.

We'll probably use telepathy as a backend. There is currently a GUI
client for it, called empathy, but it's not mobile ready (at all), but
it is features in some of news posts.
Telepathy also has an ofono plugin, and texts (and calls) should work with
that.

Telepathy also does many of the things libpurple does - like IRC
accounts and other things.

Maybe you can take a look at what Pavel recommends, I like the idea of
sharing code and if there is a readymade solution for contacts that we
can "hildonize", that could be interesting too.

We might need to get the gtk3 port for hildon ready soon then, though.

> For neo free runner there was
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Category:Zhone_screenshots .
> It should a be an inspiration.
>
> With lib should be easy to make the stuff.

I think that the dialer mostly needs to interface with telepathy.

> Hildon is gtk and I think it is better to use gtk.

Agreed.

> Also should be a good idea to integrate libpurple and other stuff for
> voip and anonymity

I think Telepathy also does VOIP, I've tested that just a few days
ago.

What do you think?

Cheers,
Merlijn