:: [DNG] Beowulf: DBus service error
Author: Haines Brown
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] Beowulf: DBus service error
I get a DBus error every five seconds, probably going back to
when I upgraded Ascii to Beoulf.

Here is the error in syslog:

  Nov 22 06:42:04 engels brltty[724]: DBus error: send message:
    org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.bluez was
    not provided by any .service file

I do not have Bluetooth installed. I have two wifi dongles and one
wireless mouse dongles installed. In searching around I found that the
error can arise with PulseAudio modules calling bluetooth. I have
apulse installed rather than PulseAudio, but in looking into
/etc/pulse/client.conf.d/00-disaable-autospawn.conf I find this:

        # On linux systems, disable autospawn by default
        # If you are not using systemd, comment out this line
        autospawn=no

The first line I understand, for autospawn is disabled, but I do not
understand the second line. If I comment the line, am I not thereby
enabling autospawn?

I'm not sure whether to comment the line. I have no reason to think
that apulse is asking DBus to connect to a Bluetooth device. How do
I go about finding out what process is calling on DBus?

Haines Brown