:: [DNG] Insane defaults on Raspberry …
Author: Edward Bartolo
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] Insane defaults on Raspberry Pi images - How to fix corruption/dataloss
Quote from Bruce Ferrel: "There are actually a couple of ways around
the SD wear issue, even though people seem to dearly LOVE SSDs with
the exact same issue;

1.) Use a USB drive.

2.) Somewhat more esoteric, PXE boot and run from an NFS image."
[/Quote]

You are right, people love SD Cards, not for their limitations, but
for their great convenience. A tiny SD Card can hold gigabytes of
files and it fits neatly in the the Raspberry Pi itself. No need of
combersome USB external drives dangling around, and more importantly,
no need of extra expenses. Remember, money makes a lot of sense to
many people, and I dare say, a lot of people do not have much to
spare.

Quote from Simon Hobson:
Ah yes, to think that many of us routinely carry around in our pockets
more storage, RAM, and CPU capacity than we could have dreamed of
having access to back when I got into IT. Cue obligatory Four
Yorkshiremen sketch :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKHFZBUTA4k
[/Quote]

In the old days people used to die from bacterial infections often
after a long painful illness. Today, thanks to great people working in
medicine, we have no idea of these terrible experiences. Progress is
nice when done properly.