:: Re: [DNG] Insane defaults on Raspbe…
Author: tom
To: dng
CC: g4sra
Subject: Re: [DNG] Insane defaults on Raspberry Pi images - How to fix corruption/dataloss
On Sat, 9 Nov 2019 22:09:13 +0000
g4sra via Dng <dng@???> wrote:

> On 09/11/2019 20:53, tom wrote:
> > On Fri, 8 Nov 2019 16:55:34 +0100
> > "Dr. Nikolaus Klepp" <dr.klepp@???> wrote:
> >
> >> Anno domini 2019 Fri, 8 Nov 16:36:24 +0100
> >> Joril via Dng scripsit:

> >> Yes.
> >
> > I really don't think data-loss is an acceptable compromise just to
> > reduce wear.
> >

> Why do you believe turning off the journaling causes data loss ?
> Journaling is not an acceptable method to prevent data loss - it
> doesn't. _______________________________________________

Because the whole point of my starting this thread was to provide
instructions on how to recover a system after the dataloss occurred. If
you would take the time to read the original post. This is not even a
question. I would not have posted this or found out about these crazy
defaults if my data was never lost in the first place.

/ Into love and out again,               \

| Thus I went and thus I go. Spare your  |
| voice, and hold your pen:              |
| Well and bitterly I know All the songs |
| were ever sung,                        |
| All the words were ever said; Could it |
| be, when I was young,                  |
| Someone dropped me on my head?         |

\ -- Dorothy Parker, "Theory"            /
\
 \
   /\   /\