:: [DNG] neomutt hangs with invocation…
Author: Haines Brown
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] neomutt hangs with invocation of S/MIME
I'm running mutt with Beowulf. In messages from paypal.com and perhaps
some others, a display of the message reports:

> Invoking S/MIME...

and mutt hangs. I eventually I can break the hang with Ctl-C, but the
result is an error message:

> S/MIME signature could NOT be verified.

This is an old problem that may be because neomutt default is now to
use GPGME for GPG and S/MIME encruption. I have the libgpgme11 library
instlled, but it is no help. Someone suggesed that "unset
crypt_use_gpgme" be placed in ~/.muttrc and mutt restarted, but this
did not help either.

I guess at one point this was a debian bug. I don't know why at this
point it has not been resolved. I do not really understand the problem
nor how to avoid it.

Haines Brown