:: Re: [DNG] How stable Is beowulf? Ho…
Author: Haines Brown
To: Bernard Rosset via Dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] How stable Is beowulf? How to upgrade from ascii?
I installed Beowulf over Ascii several months ago and want to report
general success.

However, there was a glitch I do not understand. I could not get SMTP
authentication (I'm running exim4 and mutt). Turned out that exim
could not read my etc/eximr4/passwd.client file. Its ownership and
permissinons were

-rw-r----- 1 root saned 653 Oct 29 12:17 passwd.client

which is the same as they were on Ascii. User was in the saned group.

I recovered an ability to send e-mal by changing the permission to

-rw-r--r--

If user is in saned group, shouldn't the user running exim be able to
get SMTP authentication by reading passwd.client?

Haines Brown