:: [devuan-dev] Notes - Devuan meet Oc…
Author: Plasma
To: devuan-dev
Subject: [devuan-dev] Notes - Devuan meet Oct. 30, 2019
And now for your kind attention, the devuan-dev meet notes for
Wednesday, October 30th, 2019.

plasma41

# Devuan meet Oct. 30, 2019 @20:30 UTC

Pad is here:
https://pad.dyne.org/code/#/2/code/edit/GLpejorHCCU-2uAKvx9UhAqb/

Meet here: https://vdc.dyne.org/devuan
   * Please post notes prior to the meet.
   * Please add your name as 'Present' below when you get to the
     meet.
   * When adding a comment in someone else's notes, please
     pre-pend your name like this: (whoever) whatever . . .

Present: golinux, fsr, kramer, plasma41, rrq, RickMoen, Centurion Dan,
         Jaromil

## Old Business

## Old Actions

### LeePen
Sorry I can't attend.

Despite the updates last week, most of the buildhosts are still not
working reliably.
- amd64 seems OK.
- arm64 still OOM on
https://ci.devuan.org/job/util-linux-binaries/lastFailedBuild/architecture=arm64,label=arm64/consoleText
today.
- arm* and i386 also failing in/tmp/hooks/B20autopkgtest (adt-run not
found) for udisks2-binaries
(https://ci.devuan.org/job/udisks2-binaries/51/architecture=armel,label=armel/consoleText).
All of the failing archs have a lower version of jenkins-debian-glue
than amd64 which succeeds. Is that relevant? Does it need upgrading?

### rrq
- started making beowulf isos. By excluding `texlive`, the dvd is only 3.5G
and can be filled up. I had some difficulty mapping the packages with upgrades
from ascii2.1, and esp the netinst iso package collection needs review/fixup.

- added an arm64 host to Devuan's ganeti suite, to be set up as build host.

## New Business
- #debianfork needs a channel op(s) DONE!! Thank you jaromil!!

### Jaromil
64 builds on the softiron ARM need fixing

https://ci.devuan.org/job/policykit-1-binaries/architecture=arm64,label=arm64/

https://ci.devuan.org/job/udisks2-binaries/architecture=arm64,label=arm64/

recurring problem seems to be:
```
02:29:42 dpkg-deb (subprocess): compressing tar member: lzma error:
Cannot allocate memory
```

other minor problems to fix on the mail infra:
- html headers - suggested roundcube update
- (golinux) - I just noticed this plugin on RoundCube:

    listcommands    GPL-2.0    Download

    The "download" goes to: https://github.com/corbosman/listcommands

    That appears to be what is generating the humongous header. I doubt
    that an update will fix this. :( Are there that many users on dyne
    infra who don't already know or can't find that info elsewhere?

- some emails (still) disappearing from the archive(s) (need pointers)

## New Actions

- kramer: ARM Images
  - vacation cw 45 (may some more time to work on Devuan)
  - testing CD pipeline (Jenkinsfile for arm-sdk)
  - setting up pipeline for automatic testing (discussed with
    daniellinux)
    - (gl) Excellent!
  - (plasma41) I haven't tested the RPi 1 & 2 images yet, but I'll try
    to test them tonight and let you know the results
    - (kramer) Report your results here:
      https://git.devuan.org/sdk/arm-sdk/merge_requests/10

- (rrq) the comming weekend+2days is the Melbourne Cup holidays, so rrq
won't be doing much (else).
- (gl) A well-deserved rest!

- (rrq) git.devuan.dev credentials out of date.. needs fixing.