:: Re: [DNG] Mail message headers - wa…
Author: marc
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Mail message headers - was: I wrote IBM
> On 2019-10-22 23:20, Steve Litt wrote:
> >On Mon, 14 Oct 2019 11:44:11 -0500
> >golinux@??? wrote:
> >

> This email does not address the content of this email but rather something
> very strange that came through in the header:
>
> https://dev1galaxy.org/files/cruft.png

So if I am understanding this correctly, you are referring to the headers below:

> Sender: "Dng" <dng-bounces@???>

Mailman (the software managing this mailing list) has been adding these headers to
outgoing mail for many years. I think these where added because many people
complained that they didn't know how to unsubscribe from mailing lists.

I suspect what has happened is that you updated your mail client, and it now
parses these headers and helpfully shows them to you, just in case you
want to unsubscribe ? Maybe check the change notes for the mail client ?

Let me know if I have misunderstood your question...

regards

marc