:: Re: [unSYSTEM] Extinction Rebellion…
Author: The New Meta
To: System undo crew
Subject: Re: [unSYSTEM] Extinction Rebellion…
I understand the philosophical principles surrounding technology and how
that might play a role in social constructs. However, I have no intention
of discussing politics or what movement one should be aligned with given
impending doom variable A.

I’m sure existentialism will always find it’s way to create groups of
people looking to tackle the problem of extinction and that’s fine.

Food for thought: Humans have just recently, over the course of history,
abandoned monarchies and theocratic states. This recent development has
been within the last few hundred years.

To test this proposition, ask yourself, do you have a king or queen (or
theocrat) that tells you exactly what to do? Personally, this is a no for
me.

The homo genus has been here for hundreds of thousands (some say millions
but I’m not an archeologist) and I find it hard to believe that we have
anything figured out well enough to stave off mass extinction or even an
effort thereof.

I’m not really interested in not dying to be quite frank. If I should cease
to exist that wouldn’t be up to me anyway.

What I am interested in is technology and information. Hopefully there is a
time and a place that can be discussed thoroughly with some like minded
people here as of course, that is the sole reason I joined this collective.
I have been following Amir’s interviews since he he appeared on Russia
Today almost 10 years ago and look forward to technologies such as dark
wallet.

For those believing they are facing existential threats, you are pretty
much out of time. The only thing that could help you “prepare” is
technology. If you understand basic amortized running time complexity and
how micro-processors work through the use of pipelining then you should be
able to start today.

Even then, I’m not so confident augmentation would even help as you most
likely will be grouped and classified and in a database regardless. Of
course, assuming that is not already the case.

I’m not a trans
humanist or any type of “ist” besides technolog-ist but I do believe the
survival of the human species is contingent upon how we use technology
today.

I’m done ranting but I figured I’d share as this topic has been brought up
many times.

Best,