:: Re: [devuan-dev] Patch for udisks2 …
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Mark Hindley
À: Andreas Messer
CC: Svante Signell, devuan-dev
Sujet: Re: [devuan-dev] Patch for udisks2 to enable installation of mate-desktop-environment (+etc)
On Mon, Oct 07, 2019 at 02:30:58PM +0100, Mark Hindley wrote:
> I have forked a version for beowulf based on Debian buster (2.8.4-1) and removed
> the systemd compile time dependencies and also libpam-systemd runtime.
>
> The good news is that it compiles and installs. I don't have a bare metal
> installation to actually check functionality.
>
> However, it still pulls in libpam-elogind or consolekit. That is because they
> are dependencies of libpolkit-gobject-{elogind,consolekit}-1-0 which is
> required to satisfy the libpolkit-gobject-1-0 dependency.

Actually, that is the point, as Andreas pointed out, udisks can use whichever
of logind or consolekit is installed.

With some policykit updates, I have this working.

Please review:

https://git.devuan.org/devuan-packages/udisks2/commits/suites/beowulf-proposed

and

https://git.devuan.org/devuan-packages/policykit-1/commits/suites/unstable-proposed

Together they ensure that

- udisks2 can be used with either elogind or consolekit
- the correct policykit backend gets installed for either elogind or consolekit

Comments?

Thanks.

Mark