:: [devuan-dev] Notes - Devuan meet Se…
Author: Plasma
To: devuan-dev
Subject: [devuan-dev] Notes - Devuan meet Sep. 25, 2019
And now for your kind attention, the devuan-dev meet notes for
Wednesday, September 25th, 2019.

plasma41

# Devuan meet Sept. 25 @20:30 UTC

Pad is here:
https://pad.dyne.org/code/#/2/code/edit/g3u4q9dAld7TymUifitybDa1/

Meet here: https://vdc.dyne.org/devuan
   * Please post notes prior to the meet.
   * Please add your name as 'Present' below when you get to the
     meet.
   * When adding a comment in someone else's notes, please
     pre-pend your name like this: (whoever) whatever . . .

Present: plasma41, jaromil, fsr, golinux, rrq, mason

## Old Business

## Old Actions
- ascii point release
  - (fsr) desktop and minimal live isos are made, signed and uploaded
    to fdo. They're in my home directory and are ready to be moved to
    public space as soon as the installer isos are ready.

- Beowulf 3.0.0
  - (fsr) Theming packages are done. desktop-base,
    clearlooks-phenix-cinnabar-theme and cinnabar-icon-theme are in
    beowulf repo.
  - (rrq) fix the colors of the installer dialogs

- access to nextime's DNS
- forward path unclear

### LeePen

Sorry I can't attend.

- new version of policykit-1 built for ceres and beowulf although the
arm64 build host is not reliable. I think Centurion_Dan intends to
look at it.

- new versions of consolekit2 and xfce4-session are ready for building
once the arm64 builder is reliable

- I have reviewed tasksel and made a few cleanups. I need to test it in
beowulf with the above packages to be sure all the correct *kit
dependencies are being pulled in.

- once that is done I will help golinux with release notes of what *kit
and/or logind is required for each desktop.

- on-going Debian discussions about elogind… Sam Hartman continues to be
very helpful in trying to lubricate the blockers.

- I think the theming looks really strong!
- (gl) Thanks. D)

## New Business

- With KatolaZ' departure we will need a replacement "caretaker"

- (mason, possibly jaromil) consider ZFS installer
  - option: deboostrap from a live image
  - option: lvm-like handling in Debian installer
  - As of today, ZOL 0.8.1 kmod packages build and run without
    modification or issue
  - (rrq) .. will look for getting a udeb into beowulf debian-installer

- organizational structure
  - might be worth considering ensuring that WHOIS records and such are
    managed by enough people to avoid SPOFs
  - might not be good to institutionalize too much too soon

### g4570n
- <strike> The debian-installer package in the ASCII repos needs to be
updated to include the latest version of the kernel available
(4.9.0-11). The official package, in the Debian Stretch was updated a
few weeks ago:
https://metadata.ftp-master.debian.org/changelogs//main/d/debian-installer/debian-installer_20170615+deb9u7_changelog
</strike>

- Problem with d-i: when creating an ISO, using live-build, and running
it in live mode it works without problems. But, then if I want to use
d-i to install it on the disk, the error occurs. The live version is
using the latest version of the kernel (4.9.0-11) while d-i continues
to use an earlier version of the kernel (4.9.0-9), there is a version
conflict and cannot follow the process.

- Looking at the repo, I think this section should be updated:
  https://pkgmaster.devuan.org/devuan/dists/ascii/main/installer-amd64/current/images/udeb.list
  `kernel-image-4.9.0-9-amd64-di 4.9.168-1 amd64`, is it outdated? Sorry
  for the mistakes, I'm not a dev
  - (rrq) Devuan has forked debian-installer; resides at
    https://git.devuan.org/devuan-packages/debian-installer
    it's now updated to 4.9.0-11 for the ascii 2.1 release

## New Actions

- Point release for ASCII
- Are there any blockers?
- builder of live ISOs: fsr (built!)
- builder of installer ISOs: ?? (rrq? amd64 i386 arm64/aarch64[maybe])
- builder of arm images: ??
- builder of ppc64el images: ??
- builder of vm images: ??