:: Re: [DNG] Cannot mount android phon…
Author: Hendrik Boom
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Cannot mount android phone via usb
On Wed, Aug 21, 2019 at 10:32:01PM -1000, Joel Roth via Dng wrote:

> According to apt-cache search, udev is a transitional package for
> eudev. So does that mean I have an issue with eudev?

I don't know about udev and eudev, vut an Android phone is an MTP device --
the Music Transfer Protocol.

The only way I succeed in accessing my Android phone (a Nexus 5) is to put
it into developer mode, and to use adb on my Linux-based system. That's the
Android debgger.

Android fiercely protects the data stored on it against even its owner.
Gaining root access the official way -- without depending on Android bugs
-- deletes all the data on the phone.

Whereas developer mode has restrictions, but doesn't delete your data unless
you ask it to.

> Grateful for any advice toward diagnosing or resolving this
> issue!

Hope this helps, and that you don't already know it.

-- hendrik