:: [DNG] .NET Core and systemd
Author: Mark Rousell
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] .NET Core and systemd
I thought this might be of interest/amusement here... ;-)

<https://devblogs.microsoft.com/dotnet/net-core-and-systemd/>
-<quote>-------------------------------------------------------------------

.NET Core and systemd

Glenn

August 19th, 2019

In preview7
<https://devblogs.microsoft.com/dotnet/announcing-net-core-3-0-preview-7/>
a new package was added to the |Microsoft.Extensions| set of packages
that enables integration with systemd
<https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/>. For the Windows
focused, systemd allows similar functionality to Windows Services, there
is a post on how to do what we discuss here for Windows Services in this
<https://devblogs.microsoft.com/aspnet/net-core-workers-as-windows-services/>
post. This work was contributed by Tom Deseyn
<https://twitter.com/tomdeseyn> from Red Hat
<https://developers.redhat.com/>. In this post we will create a .NET
Core app that runs as a systemd service. The integration makes systemd
aware when the application has started/is stopping, and configures logs
to be sent in a way that journald (the logging system of systemd)
understands log priorities.

--
Mark Rousell