:: Re: [DNG] Qemu with Beowulf host / …
Author: Lars Noodén
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Qemu with Beowulf host / Ascii guest dies without much of an error message
On 8/12/19 4:00 PM, Ralph Ronnquist via Dng wrote:
[snip]
> Well, a slightly irrelevant, and perhaps well known observation: I have
> come to think that the most flexible networking for my local VM's is the
> "vde mode". It does need a small amount of initial plumbing, with a
> (single) supporting tap, and then either a bridge or routing plus local
> dhcp. This ends up with a networking "portal" through a (shared) socket
> that the qemu processes happily connect to.

[snip]

Thanks. That has been useful. The guest now is visible on the same
network as the host.

There are only a few guides out there, but this one is up to date and
worked for me:

    https://wiki.qemu.org/Documentation/Networking

I'll have to add the networking to rc.local or something.

Then the VM gets started with this

    -net tap

instead of the more complicated arrangement in the first message.

/Lars