:: Re: [DNG] Identifying an installed …
Author: Antony Stone
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Identifying an installed physical hard drive without damage
On Sunday 11 August 2019 at 14:37:09, Hendrik Boom wrote:

> I do not know which of the hard drives on my machine is /dev/sdb/

> Or is there some completely different way of accomplishing what I want?

# hdparm -i /dev/sdb

It'll tell you the drive type and the serial number, which should also be
printed on the drive label.

Antony.

--
"A person lives in the UK, but commutes to France daily for work.
He belongs in the UK."

- From UK Revenue & Customs notice 741, page 13, paragraph 3.5.1
- http://tinyurl.com/o7gnm4

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.