:: [devuan-dev] Notes - Devuan meet Ju…
Author: Plasma
To: devuan-dev
Subject: [devuan-dev] Notes - Devuan meet Jul. 31, 2019
And now for your kind attention, the devuan-dev meet notes for
Wednesday, July 31st, 2019.

plasma41

# Devuan meet July 31, 2019 @20:30 UTC

Pad is here:
https://pad.dyne.org/code/#/2/code/edit/Td-joKezuzuBB6M8ugNx5TPH/

Meet here: https://vdc.dyne.org/devuan
   * Please post notes prior to the meet.
   * Please add your name as 'Present' below when you get to the
     meet.
   * When adding a comment in someone else's notes, please
     pre-pend your name like this: (whoever) whatever . . .

Present: blinkdog, golinux, rrq, plasma41

## Old Business
- point release?

## Old Actions

## New Business

### plasma41
- I helped a friend replace an Ubuntu partition on his hard disk
  with a new Devuan install. I started by installing ASCII then
  dist-upgrade'd to Beowulf. I only experienced two issues in the
  process.
  - elogind-related packages didn't automatically upgrade. The
    system appeared to be in a functioning state so I just left those
    packages as is.
  - grub threw errors while trying to run grub-install. It complained
    about [locale].gmo directories in '/usr/share/locale'. I looked up
    those directories using apt-file, but no packages were responsible
    for them. I deleted all the [locale].gmo directories in
    /usr/share/locale and grub was happy and worked fine. I still
    don't know what created those directories. This warrants further
    investigation.

### rrq

- devuan.dev name server sub system set up, in particular for
getting gitea fully on-line. Presently a "hidden" primary NSD host
and 2 public secondaries; one at OVH in France (in the Devuan
ganeti infrastructure), and on at Vultr in Sydney (rrq's host).

- https://gitea.devuan.dev/ now publicly available.
Next step is to set up CI, and then it's time to migrate.

## New Actions