:: [DNG] EmbDevuan - Cross-Building ..
Author: s
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] EmbDevuan - Cross-Building ..
Hello all,
I am trying my Embedded Cross-Building System( for quite some time now.. )
After 3 rewrites I understand now, why buildroot seems so complex to me.. :D

But this email is about Devuan package Building..

Is there any simple way to package:
. linux-image,
. linux-headers,
. linux-firmware

I noticed that:
. linux-image    - Contains the Linux Kernel Image + Kernel Modules
. linux-headers  - Contains only the header files, why are them in /usr/src( I saw a package data.tar.xz ), shouldn't them be in /usr/include ?
. linux-firmware - Maybe I will use it for, the graphics drivers blobs + /boot/vendor_name/device-tree-binarie files?

In this way I will end with several Linux Firmware packages:
. linux-firmware-allwinner..
. linux-firmware-rockchip
. linux-firmware-nxp
. linux-firmware-nexel
. and so on..

I noticed here that exists some were a 'dev1h' or 'dev1helper', something like that, maybe here in the mailing list..
But I can't find it, or an example..
I would be gratefull to hear from you, any precedures for building some packages, majority will be:
Kernel + Modules
Header files, so that any one can develop a Kernel driver, as an example..

Nota:
The lack on sbc boards of recent kernels, lack of kernel header files( some have adapted android kernels, and so on..), made me feel the need to develop a building system, to solve that problem..or at least try..

Thanks in Advance, for your time.

Best Regards,
--
tux