:: Re: [DNG] Booting devuan on a rasbe…
Author: hal
To: Andreas Messer, dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Booting devuan on a rasberry pi

On 7/17/19 3:50 PM, Andreas Messer wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 16, 2019 at 08:02:43PM -0500, hal wrote:
>> Hello,
>> Thank you. Here is the boot output from
>> devuan_ascii_2.0.0_armel_raspi1.img.xz and setting emmc clock to 50Mhz in
>> config.txt
>>
>> The same sdcard will boot my Raspi A+ fine so maybe it's hardware?
>>
>> https://pastebin.com/gtcVxqRd
>
> I can confirm the image booting successfully on my RPI 3 Model B+
> with 2A USB Powersupply. (USB Keyboard/Mice attached through Hub not
> working, but I see a login screen)
>
> So I think your hardware seems to be broken somehow.
>
> cheers,
> Andreas

Hi,
I think it was the power adapter. I have a new 2.5A and got the
Pi to boot. It's weird because I thought I used a 2A adapter to
boot these before. Maybe the adapter is bad.

Do you use a serial port on your PI 3? I purchased one last week
on Ebay but have no serial output on the UART0_TXD + UART0_RXD pins.

Some searching says to add "core_freq=250" or "enable_uart=1" but
so far still nothing. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you