:: Re: [devuan-dev] Policykit updates …
Author: fsmithred
To: devuan-dev
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Policykit updates for beowulf
On 7/26/19 7:32 AM, Mark Hindley wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I propose to build policykit-1 version 0.105-25+devuan3 for unstable.
>
> The only change is to support pkexec passing through allowed values (0 or 1) for the
> environment variables GTK_CSD, GTK_OVERLAY_SCROLLING and LIBOVERLAY_SCROLLBAR
> as requested by fsmithred and golinux to help theming beowulf.
>
> The proposed tree is at
>
> https://git.devuan.org/LeePen/policykit-1/tree/suites/unstable-proposed.
>
> Any comments? Other issues, requests or additions?
>
> Thanks
>
> Mark

My previous tests show that 'GTK_CSD=0' does nothing. I commented out
those lines in 52gtk3-nooverlayscrollbar, and it didn't make a difference.

I was testing with gnome-mines, because it had both the regular window
manager buttons and the application's built-in window control buttons. The
only way I could get rid of the built-in buttons was to install gtk3-nocsd.

Testing with the new package today on a different install (upgrade) to
beowulf, I installed gnome-mines to test, and it has the CSD built-in
window control buttons, but THERE'S NO WINDOW AROUND IT. WTF DID THEY
DO??? HEY GNOME DEVS, I WANT MY TITLE BAR BACK!

Adding the gtk3-nocsd package isn't helping today.

Are there any gtk3 devs near Boston? I'd like to punch one. That might
help today.

BTW, the scrollbar fix is working exactly like it should. Maybe we should
keep it secret so it doesn't get sabotaged.

fsr