:: Re: [DNG] reinstalling GRUB2
Author: Haines Brown
To: dng
New-Topics: Re: [DNG] reinstalling GRUB2 - Verion
Subject: Re: [DNG] reinstalling GRUB2
I seem to be loosing ground. Someone helped me with the chroot method,
but then:

# grub2-install /dev/sdb
bash: grub2-install: command not found

# grub-install /dev/sdb
bash: grub-install: command not found

# ls -la /usr/sbin | grep grub-install
ls: cannot access '/usr/sbin': No such file or directory

# ls -la /usr | grep sbin
[no return]

$ ls -la /usr | grep sbin
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 12288 Jul 24 08:30 sbin

I've no idea what's going on. I was told to use the grub2-install
command, but on my system (Ascii) there is only
/usr/sbin/grub-install. It seems my grub-install command can be run
by user, but not by root becasue root has no path to /usr/sbin.

Probably not relevant is that every morning I get this cron error:
/etc/cron.daily/apt-compat:
Cache has broken packages, exiting

Haines Brown