:: Re: [devuan-dev] Policykit updates …
Author: Andreas Messer
To: devuan-dev
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Policykit updates for beowulf
Hi Mark,

On Tue, Jul 23, 2019 at 10:24:22AM +0100, Mark Hindley wrote:
> > Besides: I was asked by golinux/fsmithred to add a patch to make
> > pkexec pass some GTK theming related environment variables. What do you
> > think about this?
> >
> > https://git.devuan.org/amesser/policykit-1/tree/sandbox/pkexec-pass-gtk-vars
> >
> > Could such a patch be added?
>
> Looks fine to me. Have golinux/fsmithred tried it and does it fix their theming?

They did not yet get back to me. (Or my contact attempt through IRC failed, was
short in time) But at least I can confirm that running "synaptic" (Xfce
Menu, run as root through pkexec) the scrollbars are not hiding anymore.
(If darkpurpy theme from devuan git was installed)

So I suggest to postpone my patch to next version until I discussed with
golinux/fsmithred. You probably just proceed with uploading/building
your version. I can rebase my patch and we can have another version when
I got a positive feedback.

Cheers,
Andreas
--
gnuPG keyid: 8C2BAF51
fingerprint: 28EE 8438 E688 D992 3661 C753 90B3 BAAA 8C2B AF51