:: Re: [devuan-dev] Devuan meet July 1…
Author: Evilham
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Devuan meet July 17, 2019 @20:30 UTC

On dt., jul. 16 2019, Sithum sandeepa wrote:

> Please guys don't use Jitsi as we use it for parrotsec
> development
> discussion so it was very horrible experience I would like to
> suggest Matrix.
>
> https://community.parrotsec.org/t/community-call-sun-1600-utc-22-04-18/1335/15
>
> https://matrix.org/blog/home/

Just adding: Matrix uses Jitsi for everything but 1-1 calls which
use WebRTC directly, so for Devuan it's the exact same experience
when it comes to videocalls minus the privacy bits of using Dyne's
kindly offered instance.

If you are using matrix.org's servers, you should be aware that it
uses a so-called integration server ran by the company that
started the development of Matrix as a protocol, and they run
their own jitsi instance.

That should be more obvious once they land this:
https://github.com/vector-im/riot-web/issues/10167#issuecomment-509220353
--
Evilham