:: Re: [devuan-dev] Free software ques…
Author: golinux@devuan.org
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Free software question
On 2019-06-17 02:56, Jaromil wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Jun 2019, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
>
>> golinux@??? - 15.06.19, 20:02:
>> > A shorter explanation is that Devuan provides non-free firmware if
>> > needed so is ineligible to be on the FSF list.
>>
>> So that is a straight to the point summary :)
>
> indeed, maybe worth mentioning that 100% free/libre derivates of
> Devuan do exist and may be applying: gnuinos, heads and I think I'm
> forgetting one more?
>
> ciao

Below is the response that I sent yesterday. Sorry no mention of
derivatives. Would have if your suggestion had come sooner:

Thank you for using Devuan and caring enough to offer a suggestion that
might help us. Sadly, Devuan provides non-free firmware if needed so is
not eligible to be on the FSF list. There has been discussion of
providing a libre version that would be acceptable to the FSF but no one
has stepped up to do that yet.

golinux