:: Re: [devuan-dev] Free software ques…
Author: golinux@devuan.org
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Free software question
On 2019-06-15 15:27, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> golinux@??? - 15.06.19, 20:02:
>> A shorter explanation is that Devuan provides non-free firmware if
>> needed so is ineligible to be on the FSF list.
>
> So that is a straight to the point summary :)

During KatolaZ talk at the conference he asked us what minimalism was.
My answer was the shortest distance between two points. I think we got
there but it took a few trips around the block. LOL! I'll answer with
that prefaced with some thank you for contacting Devuan blah, blah.

Thanks to all! I still think it would be a good idea to rewrite this
page with some of the information in this thread:

https://devuan.org/os/free-software

Hellekin wrote that years ago and it could really use a update. I may
start a pad with plasma41 for that purpose. If I do I'll post it here
for comments.

Cheers!

golinux