:: Re: [DNG] UEFI support in the live-…
Author: aitor_czr
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] UEFI support in the live-sdk
Hi fsmithred,

On 28/5/19 12:31, fsmithred via Dng wrote:

> I chose gnuinos, openbox, main. It ran. I got a 114M iso that shows me
> a boot menu but won't boot to live. It does the same with
> bios/isolinux as with uefi/grub.
>
> There's no kernel or initrd in the live dir on the iso or in binary/live.
>
> The bootstrap dir only contains:
> etc  root  tmp  usr
>
> If I select Text install at the boot menu, the kernel starts to load
> and then I get a kernel panic.
>
> There are no logs, but I did save the terminal output. I'll send it to
> you if you want. What should I do next?
>
> Thanks,
> fsmithred

Sorry, uncomment the lines:

    bootstrap_complete_base     || { zerr; wrapup }
    bootstrap_thirdstage             || { zerr; wrapup }
    build_kernel_${arch}             || { zerr; wrapup }

in the helpers file. They were commented with a '#' symbol for my own
tests. I pushed this change to gitlab, and now it works.
I also removed temporary some code from bootstrap which generates a
tarball of the different stages of strapdir thinking about the possible
use of mksquashfs.

Cheers,

Aitor.