:: Re: [DNG] Install failure: cannot b…
Author: wirelessduck
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Install failure: cannot boot netinst

> On 28 May 2019, at 12:13, Blair, Charles E III <c-blair@???> wrote:
>

>>> I'm wondering whether there can be a mismatch between
>>> installer output and what the monitor is expecting.
>>
>> Have you tried booting with the kernel option “nomodeset”? I have
>> needed that sometimes on systems that require extra graphics drivers
>> not available in the installer.
>
> Thanks for your thoughts. There's so much
> I don't know.
>
> How does one do a nomodeset boot on a
> Windows10 machine?

If you’re doing non-UEFI install then highlight the install option on the installer boot menu screen and press TAB.

You want to add “nomodeset” to the end of the line and then press ENTER to boot with nomodeset.

If you’re booting the UEFI installer, you highlight the install option in the installer boot menu and press E to edit. Repeat the change as above, but add it to the end of the line starting with “linux”. Press F10 to boot.