:: Re: [DNG] Install failure: cannot b…
Author: Andreas Messer
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Install failure: cannot boot netinst
Forgot to cc mailing list...

----- Forwarded message from Andreas Messer <andi@???> -----

Date: Mon, 27 May 2019 08:07:16 +0200
From: Andreas Messer <andi@???>
To: "Blair, Charles E III" <c-blair@???>

On Mon, May 27, 2019 at 03:05:35AM +0000, Blair, Charles E III via Dng wrote:
>    After posting, I learned that I should
> disable "Secure Boot" in the bios menu.
> However, I have a different problem now.
> When booting, the CD-DVD reader makes noises
> as though it is reading the netinst CD, but
> all I see on the monitor is the cursor in
> the upper-left corner, no diagnostic messages.

Was there a bootmanager/install options screen before
the "Cursor Screen" appeared? It could take some time to
load the image from a CDROM since CDROMS are very slow with
random seeking/accessing the data.

cheers,
Andreas

--
gnuPG keyid: 8C2BAF51
fingerprint: 28EE 8438 E688 D992 3661 C753 90B3 BAAA 8C2B AF51

----- End forwarded message -----