:: Re: [DNG] Linux system can be broug…
Author: Rick Moen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Linux system can be brought down by sending SIGILL to Systemd
[correcting unexplained departure into offlist personal mail, by
forwarding back onlist.]

Quoting John Hughes (john@???):

> So, what we learn from this exercise is that on Unix derived systems root can crash the system, an unexpected result, no?

If my system crashed four of the five times I accidentally asked kill(8)
to generate a non-existent signal type, personally, I'd consider that
highly undesirable behaviour. It's tantamount to 'I'm sorry, you have
no right to be dissatisifed that your system suddenly fell over just
because you sneezed: You were UID 0 at the time.' That chain of
reasoning actually doesn't work for me.

Your understanding of acceptable root-user system semantics may Differ A
Lot.[tm] OK with me, if so. Dad used to say, 'Life is anthopology.'