:: [DNG] email clients: was Where to …
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] email clients: was Where to reply for Steve Litt
On Thu, 23 May 2019 15:21:30 -0700
Rick Moen <rick@???> wrote:

> An unusually smart mailer (mutt, GNUS)

I've been desparately looking for a new email client. The claws-mail
community is just too unhelpful. I can't get mutt to completely work
with my personal local dovecot server. Thunderbird's just too dang slow
for the amount of email I have stored in Dovecot's maildir. Alpine: I
can't get it to work well on a regular basis.

Can GNUS be used as a window into a local multilevel many-mailboxed
Dovecot IMAPserver? Same question with mutt: I haven't gotten it to
happen, correctly, all the time.

Thanks,

SteveT

Steve Litt
June 2019 featured book: Thriving in Tough Times
http://www.troubleshooters.com/thrive