:: [DNG] issue with mailserver adding …
Author: Andrew McGlashan
To: Devuan DNG
Subject: [DNG] issue with mailserver adding mail. to domain for email address....
Hi,

I've got a weird problem, two servers are essentially setup
identically, but one is giving me grief.

I've got entries like the following on both servers in
/etc/email-addresses

user1: user1--user@???
root: root--user@???

Both servers are runing the same ascii version, with the same exim4
packages.

On the bad server I can do the following as root

su - -s /bin/bash user1
$ echo test|mailx -s 'test' fred@???

The receiving email has this sender:
user1@???

On the good server when I do the same thing, the sender shows as:
user1--user@???

What could be wrong?

Everything in the /etc/exim4/ directories seems to be correct when
diffing the directory trees

Both servers serve a number of domain names.

Why is the bad server adding in "mail." and ignoring the entries in
/etc/email-addresses ?????

- --
AndrewM