:: Re: [DNG] [RFC] User services
Author: Martin Steigerwald
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] [RFC] User services
Hi.

Thank you, Hendrik for your feedback.

Hendrik Boom - 11.05.19, 16:45:
> On Sat, May 11, 2019 at 11:26:12AM +0200, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> > Now that the proof of concept is out, I am thinking about extending
> > it a little bit.
>
> You use the spellings user-services, userservices, and userservice.

Yep, that is right.

> Is there actually a difference in meaning between these? Or
> conventinos that have to be used in different paces? If not, perhaps
> you should pick one spelling and stick with it.

Well I thought using 'userservices' for doing the stuff that affects all
user services, i.e. install/update them to home directory and remove
them. And 'userservice' to act with single user services like enable and
disable them.

But OTOH that is not really necessary. One script that does it all would
do. I'd call it 'userservice' as using a dash in a command name feels
awkward to me. For the repo name I went with what Evilham suggested,
i.e. 'user-services'.

Best,
--
Martin