:: Re: [DNG] Beowulf release schedule
Author: fsmithred
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Beowulf release schedule
On 5/11/19 9:14 AM, Steve wrote:
> On Thu, 9 May 2019 09:10:01 -0400
> fsmithred via Dng <dng@???> wrote:
>
>> On 5/9/19 7:27 AM, Steve wrote:
>>> On Tue, 07 May 2019 22:54:02 -0500
>>>
>>> <sigh> So who decides when its ready?
>>>
>>> Steve
>>>

>> You do, by telling us that the installer isos work properly after you
>> test them. (Not you alone. All of us.)
>>
>> We'll surely let everyone know when there are mini isos and then
>> installer isos to test.
> OK. It's ready.
>
> # sudo sed -i -e 's/ascii/beowulf/g' /etc/apt/sources.list
> # sudo apt-get update
> # sudo apt-get upgrade
>
> Answer questions, reboot.
> So far, so good.
>
> Is there an upgrade log somewhere?
>
> Steve

That'll be in /var/log/apt/history.log and you'll also need to do a
dist-upgrade to get new packages.

FYI, some of the derivatives have beowulf isos available. There's
refracta-no-X, refracta-no-dbus (with openbox) a miyolinux with i3 and
gnuinos with xfce. Maybe others, too.

FYI2, refracta isos come with devuan debootstrap installed - you could go
that route if you want to start fresh.

fsmithred