:: Re: [DNG] User services (UPDATE 2)
Author: Martin Steigerwald
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] User services (UPDATE 2)
Martin Steigerwald - 11.05.19, 11:00:
> Martin Steigerwald - 10.05.19, 21:12:
> > Do you remember the days where people believed in rough consensus
> > and
> > running code? :) It was before my time here on Earth, but whatever…
> >
> > tada… welcome to user services:
> >
> > https://git.devuan.org/WIP-init/user-services/blob/master/README.md
>
> So I updated it already:
> - Changed service directory default to ~/.service (instead of
> ~/.services) to more closely match system-wide /etc/service
> - Made location of directory configurable (in install-or-update.sh)
> - Logging now works
>
> So please just do
>
> mv ~/.services ~/.service
>
> in case you used it before.
>
> Make sure you have 8400c3c55fa7cffacbb4be1a43b0962696029dcc or a later
> commit.
>
> And yeah, at some time there will be a changelog.

As of fa0f445120adf9e2b25c2c91cdf201b514a16bc2 location of user service
directory is now officially configurable, but beware of this note in
README.md:

"If you like to use another directory then run it as:

    SERVICEDIR='DIRECTORY' ./install-or-update.sh

*NOTE*: For compatibility with future versions, please make sure to set
that environment variable in your shell profile in case you like to use a
different directory."

Thanks,
Martin

--