:: Re: [DNG] User services
Author: Martin Steigerwald
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] User services
Steve Litt - 11.05.19, 09:54:
> On Fri, 10 May 2019 21:12:15 +0200
>
> Martin Steigerwald <martin@???> wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > Do you remember the days where people believed in rough consensus
> > and
> > running code? :) It was before my time here on Earth, but whatever…
> >
> > tada… welcome to user services:
> >
> > https://git.devuan.org/WIP-init/user-services/blob/master/README.md
>
> Nice!
>
> This is a great new way for me to run the home-grown daemons I want to
> run as slitt instead of root.
>
> A question: What runs user-services.sh? Should it be called from
> ~/.bashrc, or from somewhere else?

Well, this is a good question.

If KDE Plasma is detected, the install-or-update.sh script, stuffes it
into ~/.config/plasma-workspace/env so it gets started with the session.

You can either put it into .xprofile or how that is called (Evilham uses
that) or in your shell profile file. It depends a bit on whether you like
your services be started only for graphical sessions or also for SSH /
TTY sessions. I may explore how to integrate it with PAM at a later
time.

I happily welcome merge requests which extend the install-or-update.sh
script to integrate with xprofile or you name it.

Ciao,
--
Martin